SET GOALS WITH INTENTION, ON PURPOSE.
Are you tired of hearing about New Year’s resolutions already? Are you sick of hearing about the statistics, that nearly 75% of people give up on their resolutions by February? You’re not alone! Instead, let’s set intentions for 2020 and align ourselves with our real purpose. An intention is a guiding principle for how you want to be, live, and show up in the world.
WHY SET INTENTIONAL GOALS?
What you focus on will become your reality. When deciding which intentions to set, consider what your true desires, values, and perspectives are in life. Make sure your intentions are in alignment with your internal compass’ true north. Keep your intentions positive, instead of saying, “stop showing up late to appointments,” or “stop overscheduling,” choose the alternative, “Be selective with my time” or simply, “self-care.” “Believing in negative thoughts is the single greatest obstruction to success.” Glassman, C. F. (2009). Brain drain: the breakthrough that will change your life. Mahwah, NJ: RTS Publishing.
HOW TO BE INTENTIONAL WITH GOAL SETTING
Visualize your most successful year in business, every detail, and how that would look. Be painstaking in your details.
- Visualize the smile on your client’s face when signing contracts after you exceed their expectations.
- What color is the special outfit you wear to your closings?
- What restaurant will you go to for celebrations after closings?
- Picture your daily schedule full of appointments.
- Attract an abundance of qualified, committed, and motivated clients.
- Picture your rate of transactions increasing every month.
- Picture every detail in your new office space, the furniture, the office administrator, the marketing professional, the location, and the sign on the building.
Clear your life and your mind of limiting beliefs. “When you break through your self-limiting beliefs, that glass ceiling now becomes the new “floor” as you work to achieve your next level of growth in your real estate career (The Keller Williams Realty’s 6 Personal Perspectives: Remove Your Limiting Beliefs: Mindset of A Mega Real Estate Agent.2012).
INTENTION CHEAT SHEET
Here are some thought-starters to help you get started in forming your intentions for 2020:
- What matters most to you?
- What would you like to build, create, or nurture in your life?
- What habits would you like to let go?
- Whom would you like to forgive in your life?
- How do you feel when you are your happiest self?
- What makes you proud?
- What word(s) align with your goals?
- What fears would you like to release?
- Share your gratitude.
Your intentions work best when you call upon them often. Keep yourself grounded and focused by remembering your mission. If you want to become more productive, learn to manage your stress better, and improve your confidence in 2020, consider partnering with a certified coach to support you along the way.
Curious what coaching is all about? CLICK HERE to learn about the coaching process and how it can help you reach your goals.
Great set of questions to get the brain thinking in the right direction!